Thursday, October 08, 2009

Using Slideshare for presentations

I've been using Slideshare for a while now. Visit my slideshare at (http://www.slideshare.net/dpeter19). Being able to upload:
  • Presentations: PowerPoint - ppt, pps, pot, pptx, potx, ppsx; OpenOffice - odp, pdf; Apple Keynote - key, zip or pdf.
  • Documents & Spreadsheets: Microsoft Office - doc, docx, rtf, xls; OpenOffice - odt, ods, pdf; iWork Pages.
I'm a MAC, so being able to upload Keynote files just makes things easier. One difference that makes Slideshare a bit more appealing is the ability of others to "FAVORITE" some of my presentations. The updated version of Slideshare gives me as the document owner, the ability to control HOW my presentations are viewed. Can they be downloaded? If I set that permission, they can. I can add my own tags to the presentations I upload. They can be commented on by viewers. I have an option to, once uploaded, post a TWEET to TWITTER - letting my PLN know that something new has been posted.

And, I can embed the Slideshare presentation on my blog, or any other media.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...