Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Learning awaits


Learning awaits
Originally uploaded by dpeter475

Ready to learn? A library is a wonderful place. The collected and collective knowledge of society is on the shelf. We can walk the aisles, and look at the books ... and never really appreciate the value and worth that the book brings to society, a learned society, an educated citizenry.

Pick up a book, check it out, and read ... there's always a good time to read a book. What have you read lately?

2 comments:

Kevin D. Washburn, Ed.D. said...

When I was a college student, one of my education professors stressed professional development. When we asked what would happen if we were employed by schools that didn't pay for graduate classes or offer professional development opportunities, she responded, "Can you read?" We were without excuse for failing to grow and learn. If we could read a book, we could improve our instructional practice. Thanks for this good reminder!

JadeDragon@innovativepassiveincome said...

I just love my books. However I find that I do most of my reading online. With devices like the kindle becoming affordable I wonder how long the traditional book will have value. The other day we were in a Bible study and I noticed 3 people reading the Bible off their blackberries!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...