Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Time and I, or iTime

Came across an interesting new book this morning. As I was walking into the library, I noticed the new book displays. I always stop and gaze to see what's new. One book grabbed my attention: Christine Hohlbaum's "The Power of Slow: 101 Ways to Save Time in Our 24/7 World." I quickly skimmed through and found a quote. I posted that quote on my posterous site (and Twitter). Needless to say I was surprised to see that the author had re-tweeted my post! It is indeed a small, small, small world.

I found the first chapter interesting. The quiz (if you want to see the quiz, read the book) was a good way for ME to determine if I "control" time of if time "controls" me. I admit that I'm a balanced individual. I take time for things, and I make time for things.

I "unplug" or go "off-grid" occasionally. I'm NOT a heavy scheduler person ... I go with the flow. I like to be able to connect with people, talk with them.

Benjamin Franklin said "Remember that TIME is Money." The other part, that is less repeated is "Waste neither Time nor Money, but make the best Use of both." (from http://www.historycarper.com/resources/twobf2/advice.htm)

If I can't make time, I can definitely WASTE time. I try to make the best use of the time that I have.

HohlBaum, C. (2009). The power of slow: 101 ways to save time in our 24/7 world. New York, NY: St. Martin's Press.

1 comment:

John said...

It is funny to see you say, "I quickly skimmed through and found a quote". The book is titled "The Power of Slow...." and you quickly skimmed it. To me, that is funny. Good thing not everyone agrees with my humor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...